What Are The Benefits of Using Wholesale Distributors in Canada?
Whether you’re running a brick-and-mortar retail outlet or an E-commerce storefront the importance of a strong supply chain cannot be overstated. In an environment where customers can access products and services from all over the world through massive online marketplaces like Amazon and Alibaba you need to ensure that you’re matching up in terms of the price, quality and diversity of your offerings. For a new business, the wrong choice of supplier can lead to costly stock outs, shipment delays and low quality merchandise. All those factors add up to a poor customer experience that could end up hurting your profitability in the long-run. At Scott’s Data, we offer a comprehensive list of wholesale distributors in Canada that can help you make better informed supply chain decisions.
The Benefits of Diverse Sourcing
A 2015 report from the Hackett Group revealed that procurement organizations with the most diverse supplier bases enjoyed 133% greater ROI and 20% lower operating costs than businesses that chose to rely on just one or two distributors. Amongst the benefits of diverse sourcing was that it allowed smaller businesses to negotiate lower prices because they now had access to multiple purchasing channels for critical goods and services. If you’re able to quickly switch to a more attractive supplier, then your existing vertical partners have a real incentive to keep down prices and provide higher quality service.
While many online businesses have learned to look to overseas wholesalers for cheaper goods, expanding your supply chain to include local distributors is a smart choice to make. With a wholesale directory in Canada you can find suppliers that help you:
- Improve Speed to Market – The quicker you’re able to meet customer expectations the better.
- Better Control – Overseas goods are often of varying quality, even if you can keep tabs on material quality, accuracy and safety of goods you receive returns are anything but simple. With local wholesale distributors in Canada, you can evaluate their production processes and facilities firsthand before making a purchasing decision.
- Ethics – If you’re looking for fair, ethical sourcing then local suppliers are far more likely to adhere to labor standards than cheaper offshore distributors.
- More Flexibility – Local suppliers allow for quick communication and urgent orders. If you’re looking to add new products to your business or develop customized goods then these wholesalers are far better equipped to accommodate your needs.
Choosing the Right Wholesale Distributor in Canada
Our B2B wholesale distributors database will provide you with contact information and business profiles for suppliers in a range of industries across Canada. In order to leverage this information effectively, you need to understand what you’re looking for in a supply chain partner.
- Your first step should be to define your product range. Amazon may be able to sell anything under the sun but your competitive advantage will come from targeting a specific niche.
- Determine your most important fulfillment criteria. Are you looking for quick lead times? Diverse products? Competitive prices? A good returns policy? All of these factors will influence your decision.
- After you’ve answered these questions you should shortlist a few different companies from the wholesale directory in Canada. Talk to their representatives to find out who meets your needs to best. Make sure to let each company know that you’re also talking to other suppliers so you can get the best terms possible.
Follow these steps and you should be well on your way to a strong supplier relationship. If you are interested in obtaining a data list of Wholesale Distributors in Canada to try and grow your business, please reach out to Scott’s Directories. You can try a 7 day free trial.